Rural Electrification Financing Initiative (ElectriFI)
Day: Monday, 5th of October
Time: 18:00 – 19:30
Room: Hall 1A
To meet the SE4All objectives we need to further increase and leverage efforts and resources of all partners committed and able to contribute in boosting access to sustainable, affordable and reliable energy.
Private sector must be a leading actor, but a lot still needs to be done, in order to unlock and optimise private sector potential to make investments increasing access to sustainable energy.
To this effect, the EU together with global partners and with expertise and input from industry and development financiers established the Electrification Financing Initiative (ElectriFI).
ElectriFI is a flexible tool aimedat supporting investments that provide access to reliable, affordable and sustainable electricity and energy services in developing countries. It will constitute a comprehensive and inclusive platform for investment support services, rendering due attention to bankability at very early stages, whilst facilitating access to senior debt at later stages. Furthermore, the initiative will be able to boost investments by making support available throughout the entire process, from the project idea to its successful implementation and scaling up.
Organisers: European Commission + Alliance for Rural Electrification (ARE)
- Roberto Ridolfi (Director DG DEVCO C, European Commission)
- Marcus Wiemann (ARE Executive Director)
- Marina Pannekeet (FMO, Senior Investment Officer – Energy Structured Finance – Latin America, Southern & East Africa)
- Elizabeth Marabwa (Chief Director, Programmes & Projects Management Office, Department of Energy – South Africa)
- Francisco Ferreira dos Santos (CEO of SAN – JFS, EDP Mozambique project)